Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The following tip is to help eliminate mold in your home or business using the scientific method. Typically when it comes to mold in Louisiana you can find that your home or business is harboring something somewhere. In our industry we refer to it as "suspicious growth" simply because it takes a licensed mold inspector or industrial hygienist to identify what type of growth it is, where it is and how abundant it is throughout the structure. They answer these questions by taking surface and air samples from within your home or business. Afterwards a certified lab will test the samples to determine what type of growth it is. This is the most scientific approach to mold remediation simply because the data that is discovered helps SERVPRO to best attack the problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (225) 275-7445
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Central East Baton Rouge Parish for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Central East Baton Rouge Parish has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Baton Rouge